Zoo Animals and Yoga

At the end of this month I will be visiting the Bronx Zoo in New York as part of their Animal Tales Extravaganza.

I will be giving a yoga demonstration followed by a book signing on Saturday, May 28th and Sunday, May 29th at 1:00 pm.

The Elephant Pose is one of the animal postures I will be focusing on at this Swinging into Spring Event at the Bronx Zoo, and this forward bending pose is great for stretching out children's over used hamstrings.

To celebrate The ABCs of Yoga for Kids coming out in Spanish, I have included the Spanish translation of the Elephant Pose below.


Elephant = Elefante

Soy un elefante fenomenal.                                                           
Me pongo de pie firmemente,
encorvo la columna vertebral
y me echo a andar muy toscamente.
Los dedos entrelazo
y de un lado al otro
la trompa lentamente mezo,
y camino suavemente
a pesar de mi gran peso.